Module 2 – Mirrors and Windows
In advancing equity, we often use a “mirrors and windows” metaphor to describe the stories we develop to reflect our identities, perspectives, and culture. “Mirrors” reflect things that are familiar to us while “windows” validate our ideas about ourselves and the world.
- Please watch all videos and answer all questions in this module.
- Answers are saved to a database during the time between your click of “Finish Activity” and the appearance of “Next.” You may wait several seconds for answers to be compiled.
- At the end we ask you to reflect on the activities you have just completed by writing comments in the space provided. To complete the module, click the Finish Activity button to see a “Thank You” video and receive your badge. We suggest you screen capture this page for your records.
- You have completed Module 2.
- When you are answering questions within each Module, we suggest that you copy and paste your answers into an external document so that you do not lose them. You will not be able to go back and revisit your answers after completing and submitting them in the module.
Module 2: Learning Outcomes
- Reflect on our own identities, perspectives, and cultures using the “mirrors and windows” metaphor.
- Examine how the metaphor of “mirrors and windows” can impact critical consciousness and expand our perspective in a diverse world.